Discovery Owners Club
Home Forum Joining Contact Links News Articles Members
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:08 am

Discovery Owners Club

Have YOUR say on the DOC forum...

• Advertisement
Adrian Flux Insurance

2016 Discovery Landmark Heater

If you're not a member of the club yet and you've got questions about membership before you join, please post them here.

Moderator: Committee

2016 Discovery Landmark Heater

Post by Deejaydee » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:04 pm

I recently bought a brand new Disco Landmark, 2016, which I love, BUT I'm not sure the heating is working properly and I'm wondering if anyone else has the same issue.

If I set it on 28, manually not climate control or automatic, it takes about 10 minutes before it blows any warmth, stays warm (not hot) for about 10 minutes, then blows cold. The only time it blows constant heat is on the HI setting which is too much after a while - then if I reduce it to 28 it blows cold.

Is this normal or just my car?

Dealer says they recalibrated blower motor and did software update and tested it and it's just how they are. But none of the courtesy cars they've loaned me have gone from warm to cold. And they heat up a lot quicker than mine too. I got JLR involved as it's been in twice now, they're just liaising between me and the dealer.

Membership Number: 2451
Full name: Nigel Sharp

Re: 2016 Discovery Landmark Heater

Post by petrolhead » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:57 am

have you tried it on automatic to see what happens. even on manual I believe it will still try to maintain the set temperature. have you put a thermometer in the vehicle to see what the actual temperature is. that would give you evidence for LR
Shiny Blue Crew 037

Silver D3 HSE
TEAM TEESSIDE

Post by Red Merle » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:42 am

I owned a MY16 HSE which had none of these issues and the heating was fine.

It was recently replaced with a MY2016 HSE Luxury with similarly odd quirks to yours. It's booked in for that and non functioning Stop / Start on this coming Thursday.

Membership Number: 2334
Full name: Richard Wilcox

Post by RichardDSII » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:45 pm

Strangely enough, I was wondering if my heating was dodgy the other day, it's a 2016 HSE lux as well
Heating not seeming to be as good as my ex D3, and on the motorway in rainy conditions after about 20 miles it started to steam up lol!
It's due a service, I'll have to have words when it goes in I reckon...
I've found recently the stop start function not cutting in, but it has been cold, and I put it down to engine needing to be run to cope with all the electric gadgets running, heater, heated seats headlights etc etc
It caught me out the other day when it suddenly started 'stalling' again :lol:
Richard.

L322 RR 4.4 tdv8
DII V8 ES Premium - New 'tweaked' 4.0 V8 installed.
RRS tdv6
RRC '95 MY - Standard-ish, V8.
AC Cobra Replica - Yep, it's a V8 as well.
Dax Rush - oh look, another V8...

Return to Non-Members' Questions