Discovery Owners Club
Home Forum Joining Contact Links News Articles Gallery Members
It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:37 pm

Discovery Owners Club

Have YOUR say on the DOC forum...

• Advertisement
Adrian Flux Insurance

Land Rover Legends Show

Use this forum to post your own events. Note that any events posted here are not approved or sanctioned by the DOC, and will not be covered by DOC public liability insurance.

Moderator: Committee

Membership Number: 7120
Full name: Mick Holmes

Land Rover Legends Show

Post by Holmesy » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:08 pm

We have been invited to The Land Rover Legends Show in Biecester on the 26th & 27th May, as this clashes with the Scottish Land Rover Show we can only support it as a Local section show open to all members. So if you would like to attend or even run this show on our behalf please post your interest here.

Many thanks
Please join our official DOC Facebook Page

Mick Holmes
Events Officer

Membership Number: 1354
Full name: Roy Preston

Re: Land Rover Legends Show

Post by benji89 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:26 am

The Project Jay Preservation Group have booked a stand at the show and may be able to combine it with the DOC stand. https://www.landroverlegends.com/
If anyone has a G or H registered D1, perhaps you would like to show it on the PJPG stand.
Ian and Graham will be running the stand.
Roy.
Membership Secretary.
memsec@discoveryownersclub.org

G478WAC. Foxfire Red V8. Restoration complete 01.10.19
G513DHP. A pre pro V8i 5-door. Will be on display at the 2019 shows
G526WAC. One of the 86 LR demo cars at the launch on the Hoe October 1989
G628BKV. March 1990 3-door Tdi in Davos white
L637LRX. 2.0 Mpi 5-door. A rare model now
L680YVV. A '93 Tdi 3-door in black. My winter wheels 2019/20
KJ04ZXB. Rover 75 Club SE. My daily driver
L270MCF. Honda Crossroad.

Membership Number: 8136
Full name: Ian Phillips

Post by Ian8136 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:25 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am happy to be co-ordinating the Project Jay Preservation Group's attendance at Land Rover Legends at Bicester Heritage on the 26th and 27th May 2018. We have booked a club display space that will accommodate up to 6 vehicles. I will be attending with my recently restored 200TDi 3dr G130KWO and I believe Graham will be attending with his car. There we be two free passes for the event for each vehicle on the club stand and advance discounted tickets will be on sale for this event shortly via the Land Rover Legends website, there will be a club discount code issued for club members. The organisers have kindly agreed to locate the DOC stand (also for 6 vehicles) adjacent to the PJPG stand. It would be great if this was a joint event to maximise the Discovery impact so I would be happy if we shared the 12 spaces if needed.

There is no public camping on site but there will be an area allocated for traders, club members and participants to camp on the edge of the event site and there will be a per night fee charged. Toilets and showers will be available but no power. Camping on the club display area itself is not permitted unless by prior arrangement and will be restricted to period tents in keeping with the theme of the club. The per night fee will also be chargeable when camping on the club stand.

If you can support or need further information please contact me via email ipr.phillips@gmail.com
1990 'G' Discovery 200tdi 3dr - Zanzibar Silver (a moment of utter stupidity and insanity)
1990 'G' Discovery 200tdi 3dr - Mistral Blue (I'm even more mad than I thought)
2017 Discovery 5 Sd4 HSE - Firenze Red

Membership Number: 7120
Full name: Mick Holmes

Post by Holmesy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:24 am

Ian are you ok to head this up on behalf of DOC? I believe Andy Logsdail is looking at attending
Please join our official DOC Facebook Page

Mick Holmes
Events Officer

Membership Number: 6532
Full name: Ian Ursell

Post by Ian6532 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:25 am

Hi Ian Phillips, my husband Ian Ursell has shown interest to go to this show on the facebook page and was under the impression we could bring our D3. It has now been posted on there that we have to show our interest with the DOC events officer. As this is the first show we would be doing with the DOC can you please let us know if we are on the list to attend the show or not. many thanks Gwen Ursell

Post by Ian8136 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:02 pm

Hi Gwen

Thanks for the post, yes I have you on the list for both days bringing your silver D3. Camping or caravan overnight.
1990 'G' Discovery 200tdi 3dr - Zanzibar Silver (a moment of utter stupidity and insanity)

Post by Ian8136 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:45 pm

Hi everyone Land Rover Legends Show, Bicester Heritage. 26th / 27th May.
This promises to be a great new show and along with the Project Jay Preservation Group the two clubs have 12 spaces each coming with two free tickets....!! Overnight camping is only £5 per head per night for display entrants only.
CONFIRMED so far.
Andy Logsdail D2 and D3 both days
Ian Ursell D3 both days
Paul Leeson D2 both days
Darren Hodgson D1 both days
Me D1 and D5 both days (D5 spot available if someone else wants to bring theirs).

To be conformed
Karl Jones D1
Bob Battersby D2C (Sat only)
Julian Lamb D1

So including those that have not confirmed I have spaces for 4 poss 5 more cars on Saturday and 5 on the Sunday and in need of a D4 and Dsport and a couple more D1's that are near original condition, i.e not off roaders sorry.

If you are interested please contact me either by the Forum here or on Facebook or PM me.
CLUB DISCOUNT ON TICKETS for those attending but not displaying use code PJLRL518 (Project Jay Preservation Groups code really) shh..

Return to Other DOC Events