Discovery Owners Club
Home Forum Joining Contact Links News Articles Members
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:11 pm

Discovery Owners Club

Have YOUR say on the DOC forum...

• Advertisement
Adrian Flux Insurance

Disco 4 Reliability

If you're not a member of the club yet and you've got questions about membership before you join, please post them here.

Moderator: Committee

Disco 4 Reliability

Post by The Thong » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:08 pm

Greetings all, Mr Punch (if anyone remembers me) is looking to upgrade to a seven seater. Sooooo.... do I go for a people carrier??? Not in this life time.

So, back to 4x4's again after 6yrs. Here's my choices, it's either a D4 or an XC90 Exec. Having been a Volvo enthusiast for the last four years I've been leaning towards XC90 but..... that little flame still burns for LR and my fond memories of my 300Tdi fondly named Mr Punch. So, what's the reliablity like for the D4? Have being a passenger in one round the off-road track at Gaydon I'm already knocked over by its capabilities on the rough stuff but it's the breaking down bit that really interests me.

Any input will be much appreciated

Cheers

Alan

Re: Disco 4 Reliability

Post by Red Merle » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:21 am

After having owned 3 new Volvo V70's and then 3 FL2's, followed by another 2 D4's, I can't say that there's that much difference in reliability between any of them - they've all been good.

Having said that, my last new V70 was a 2007 Phase 2 example, so their quality was a fair bit higher than it is now.

What vintage D4 were you considering?

Membership Number: 2451
Full name: Nigel Sharp

Post by petrolhead » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:34 pm

on my second D4 first had 105k on the clock I had it for 24k and it never let me down
the second one I have put 7k on it in 3 months now has 20k on clock and it has also been good with no problems
Shiny Blue Crew 037

Silver D3 HSE
TEAM TEESSIDE

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:12 pm

Red Merle wrote:After having owned 3 new Volvo V70's and then 3 FL2's, followed by another 2 D4's, I can't say that there's that much difference in reliability between any of them - they've all been good.

Having said that, my last new V70 was a 2007 Phase 2 example, so their quality was a fair bit higher than it is now.

What vintage D4 were you considering?

Cheers for your response, I'm looking at 2010 to 2012 sort of vintage

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:16 pm

petrolhead wrote:on my second D4 first had 105k on the clock I had it for 24k and it never let me down
the second one I have put 7k on it in 3 months now has 20k on clock and it has also been good with no problems

That's encouraging, I've had enough with tatting with motors these days so something that goes from service to service with little or no issues will do me nicely.

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:46 am

Sorry, long time away from thread! Are you still looking?

Return to Non-Members' Questions