Discovery Owners Club
Home Forum Joining Contact Links News Articles Members
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:19 am

Discovery Owners Club

Have YOUR say on the DOC forum...

• Advertisement
Noel Dazely Insurance

water found on passenger sunvisor disco sport 2015

If you're not a member of the club yet and you've got questions about membership before you join, please post them here.

Moderator: Committee

water found on passenger sunvisor disco sport 2015

Post by BazG » Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:58 am

Good morning,

Having trawled through 99% of the internet to no avail, I am seeking advice from genuine disco owners.

I have a 2015 Disco sport recently purchased after months of searching. Yesterday we noticed water on the passenger sun visor, subsequently we then noticed there was a small stain on the top of the QA pillar near the grab handle, nothing appeared to be visible down the pillar or near the air bag sign, initially we thought it was residue from a poor valet.

We have been told it could be the windscreen leaking, but where the droplets were seen the water would need to travel upwards, the garage we purchased it from do not want to know, surprise surprise. We were then told by our neighbour (owns a RR Evoque) it could be the roof seal which is causing it to stain the A pillar. this seems to be more plausible & furthermore we were informed that it is a known issue within the LR arena & a LTB regarding this A pillar water issue has been in force since around 2018, has anyone had similar issues and is it costly, car is not under any warranty. I am not in any way a vehicle mechanic or have the skillset to do this myself so any help & advice is greatly received.

Thank you kindly
B

Return to Non-Members' Questions