Discovery Owners Club
Home Forum Joining Contact Links News Articles Members
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:02 am

Discovery Owners Club

Have YOUR say on the DOC forum...

• Advertisement
Adrian Flux Insurance

New Disco, July 2012 onwards

DOC and general Land Rover news and information - updated regularly by the Publicity Officer

Moderator: Committee

Membership Number: 840
Full name: Roger Spencer

New Disco, July 2012 onwards

Post by Terrierking » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:34 pm

Whitley, UK, April 4 2012 – Land Rover today reveals the new Discovery 4 HSE Luxury Special Edition at the New York Motor Show.

Available exclusively in Santorini Black, the new Discovery 4 HSE Luxury Special Edition is guaranteed to turn heads with a distinctive new exterior look. Bright silver finishing picks out the full-length roof rails and complements the Noble plated door mirror caps and Titan Silver bonnet script and tailgate badge. The grille treatment is the opposite of the existing style, the grille surround and fender vents finished in Indus Silver and the grille vanes in body colour.

Subtle yet sophisticated detailing is carried through to the rear of the vehicle by a bright finisher along the sides and tailgate, completed by a bright, stainless steel bumper tread strip and a unique bright metal badge showcasing 'HSE LUXURY'. Door handles are in body colour and the exterior is finished off with a set of 20-inch, 10-spoke alloy wheels.

Land Rover UK Managing Director, Jeremy Hicks said: "Retaining the Discovery 4's go anywhere, do anything capability, the HSE Luxury edition takes comfort and luxury to the next level.

"Extended personalisation, superior equipment levels, striking exterior finish, combined with great efficiency and performance make the Discovery 4 HSE Luxury a truly desirable purchase."

The interior of the HSE Luxury Edition boasts premium Ebony or Ivory leather. Customers will also enjoy an extended Windsor Leather Pack to the fascia top, instrument panel binnacle, door top rolls, armrests and pull. The interior detailing is complete with a new Dark Zebrano veneer and twist pile luxury carpet mats with contrasting edging.

A host of feature upgrades are also available with this Special Edition model, including the Harman/Kardon® LOGIC7® Premium Audio system which provides a staggering 825W of power. Combining the impressive Harman/Kardon® system together with the Rear Screen Entertainment with 8" screens and wireless headphones featuring Whitefire® technology, creates a full home cinema effect all in the comfort of the rear seats. Privacy glass and a front centre console cooler box complete the specification.

The Discovery 4 HSE Luxury Edition is powered by the peerless 256PS SDV6 diesel engine with a 0-60mph time of 8.8 seconds and top speed of 112mph (180kph). The engines are equipped with the super-efficient ZF HP70 8-speed automatic transmission tuned to improve efficiency and reduce CO2.

The premium interior and exterior enhancements to this HSE Luxury model, paired with engines that combine efficient levels of power and torque, further consolidate the Discovery 4's position as the most versatile all-purpose vehicle on and off the road.

The Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE Luxury will go on sale in the UK from July 2012 with prices starting at £56,995 on the road

ENDS
Attachments
Disco2012.jpg
Rog #840
Ex-Discourse Editor (yet again) :pcpunch:
"Ebony" blacked out D5 ES
Founder; https://landynews.online

Membership Number: 2405
Full name: Martin Bisby

Re: New Disco, July 2012 onwards

Post by martin2405 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:47 pm

i would post a proper coherant reply if only i could stop drooling all over the key board :D :D :D

now if money were in the bank that would defo be parked up on the drive

thanks roger, i know who to name in the divorce papers :lol: :lol: :lol:

regards
martin
Gone, sadly missed
G4 V8i ES
AUSTRALIAN TEAM EVENT VEHICLE

FOUNDING CHAIRMAN G4 OWNERS CLUB
http://www.g4ownersclub.com

D3, hot and black

I am not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance

Membership Number: 4035
Full name: Nigel Harrison

Post by Tiny » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:38 pm

So, what they are saying is we modelled it on tiny's old d3...LOL.

tiny
Justin, disco dog 088.

Membership Number: 840
Full name: Roger Spencer

Post by Terrierking » Tue May 01, 2012 6:51 pm

:lol: Glad you liked it Martin, what pees off is that its £4k more the what I owe on the house :shock: = no chance :cry:
Rog #840
Ex-Discourse Editor (yet again) :pcpunch:
"Ebony" blacked out D5 ES
Founder; https://landynews.online

Return to News