Discovery Owners Club
Home Forum Joining Contact Links News Articles Members
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:13 pm

Discovery Owners Club

Have YOUR say on the DOC forum...

• Advertisement
Adrian Flux Insurance

Shop Order

Announcements, queries regarding orders and anything else shop related.

Moderator: Committee

Membership Number: 6174
Full name: Tony Wilson

Shop Order

Post by Tony6174 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:48 pm

Anybody know whats going on with the shop.? Put an order in a month ago, still nothing and no feedback to explain why I haven,t got my order yet. A quick message would be appreciated. Thanks. :(

Membership Number: 3068
Full name: Lena Rowland

Re: Shop Order

Post by theblueWKDlady » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:30 pm

been really busy...but will have your order posted tomorrow if we have it stock
thanks lena

Post by Tony6174 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:39 pm

Hi, I take it you don,t have my item in stock. Over 5 weeks now. Please have my items posted by next week or cancel the order and give me a refund, thanks.

Membership Number: 1747
Full name: Brian Macfarlane

Post by crazymac » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:22 pm

Tony, I appreciate your frustration but please remember that the club is run by volunteers.

Lena who runs the shop for us, as well as every other commitee position, are done on a voluntary basis, without these volunteers the club does not operate.

These people all have jobs, families and other commitments so please have consideration of this.

Membership Number: 3068
Full name: Lena Rowland

Post by theblueWKDlady » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:44 pm

i do apologise on orders ......but crazymac is right every member on commttee as family kids and jobs that come first and somethings take over other things that happen.......i am on my 3nd child tonight with chicken pox..so sorry if thing are a little late

Membership Number: 3702
Full name: Adrian Redfern

Post by Fieryred » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:20 am

crazymac wrote:Tony, I appreciate your frustration but please remember that the club is run by volunteers.

Lena who runs the shop for us, as well as every other commitee position, are done on a voluntary basis, without these volunteers the club does not operate.

These people all have jobs, families and other commitments so please have consideration of this.

Yup what he said =D>
No harm in asking but please don't give ultimatums :)
Regards
Adrian
Assistance Register Officer
ar@discoveryownersclub.org
RED REBEL 038
Devon and Cornwall 4x4 Response DC23
DOCCJC No.28

Post by Tony6174 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:47 pm

Ok, thanks for the info, being a new comer to the club I wasn,t aware. However, a disclaimer given after an order is placed as to the possible delays in prossesing and delivery of orders may be a good idea, just to stop pains in the a**** like me from whinging on, all the best.
Tony.

Membership Number: 2405
Full name: Martin Bisby

Post by martin2405 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:33 pm

hi

sorry for any delay to your orders, however as the previous posts are saying please be patient, i do understand your frustrations but we are not avid e-bayers where a sale is paramount, and the PC is watched every second of the day.

the shop does provide a valuable service to members(long may it do so) and as such is run by members on a voluntary basis, the items are in stock unless advised otherwise, your monies are accounted for and no one has the intention of scamming or decieving buyers.

running a household, being a mini hospital for children and holding onto a job does put life into perspective for the volunteers, so please reconsider how you all ask where your orders are. there are times when the best will in the world means an order has been forgoten or there is some personal crisis that takes precedence.

please support the club and continue to buy from the shop, but also have a thought for those that put in effort to make it happen.

regards
martin
Gone, sadly missed
G4 V8i ES
AUSTRALIAN TEAM EVENT VEHICLE

FOUNDING CHAIRMAN G4 OWNERS CLUB
http://www.g4ownersclub.com

D3, hot and black

I am not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance

Membership Number: 3124
Full name: Alan Young

Post by Alan3124 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:27 pm

martin2405 wrote:hi

sorry for any delay to your orders, however as the previous posts are saying please be patient, i do understand your frustrations but we are not avid e-bayers where a sale is paramount, and the PC is watched every second of the day.

the shop does provide a valuable service to members(long may it do so) and as such is run by members on a voluntary basis, the items are in stock unless advised otherwise, your monies are accounted for and no one has the intention of scamming or decieving buyers.

running a household, being a mini hospital for children and holding onto a job does put life into perspective for the volunteers, so please reconsider how you all ask where your orders are. there are times when the best will in the world means an order has been forgoten or there is some personal crisis that takes precedence.

please support the club and continue to buy from the shop, but also have a thought for those that put in effort to make it happen.

regards
martin

Martin I cannot disagree with you, but as Tony is a new member and doesn't know the procedures with DOC perhaps he wasn't explained this when he joined, as new members will see it as a shop that sells goodies and would expect some form of communication, would it not be a good idea to put something on the shop website to let people know how it works, just to save confusion in the future for new members, I am sure our Tech Team can put someting there in a matter of minutes (or less)

and
I hope the kids have recovered OK :) all three down with them is a bit of a handfull but at least they have now had it :wink:
P150 CBL V8 tow barge
M422 ERW daily driver
G410 WAC welded back together (apart from the floor panel) I just need to pick it up and finish it
G907 VYT waiting for me to find the time to do something with it :-) or sell it
L450 TAC in storage(full of the interior for G410)
M545 OKK 3 door commercial in storage(and could be there for a while)

Membership Number: 2752
Full name: Graham Bethell

Post by Mr Discovery » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:42 am

I have stepped up to assist with the despatch of orders. I have now collected the club stock and will spend today sorting orders and getting the sent in the morning. If you have any items outstanding please send me a message and I will look into it and come back to you with the update. Please use the PM system as the club shop email is not linked to me at this moment in time.

Thanks

Membership Number: 1747
Full name: Brian Macfarlane

Post by crazymac » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:10 am

Well done Graham =D> =D>

Lena, hope things look up soon [-o<

Post by Mr Discovery » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:03 pm

Thanks Brian - Some orders have been despatched today - Yes there is a Post Office by me open on Sundays (part of a big superstore) Ones despatched will get an automated email from the shop saying the status of their order has been updated and marked as despatched. If you are anything missing or still awaiting an order shout up and I will get on with it!

Thanks for your understanding.

Post by Tony6174 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:25 pm

Still waiting for a Shirt and a Tax disc holder.

Cheers.

Post by Mr Discovery » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:28 pm

Tony
I guess this is from your order on 1st January?

Post by Tony6174 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:51 pm

It sure is, any news?

Next

Return to Club Shop